Ever wanted to be the person who rings the bell, signalling Puffing Billy's departure from the station?
The Station Master is responsible for the management of the Passenger Services role within the station and holds responsibility for safety and the efficient running of the station.
The Station Master is:
- Friendly and enjoys talking to the public
- Provides exceptional customers service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Has an ability to acquire new skills
- Has an attention to detail, and enjoys problem solving and proritising tasks.
- Has effective verbal communication
- Able to work cooperatively with others
- Fluent in the English language
Watch the video below, where one of our Station Masters tells their story.
Please note that being a Station Master is a role that requires lots of experience, practical work, and tests. Puffing Billy Railway will support you as you work towards these goals – for more information please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
Find out more about the roles you can undertake on your way to become a Station Master.
Ready to Join Our Story? Apply Today!
Apply today or simply find out more about what to expect.
Contact Our People & Culture Team
If you are looking for more information or have any questions about volunteering with Puffing Billy Railway, please contact our People & Culture Team.
Phone: (03) 9757 0715
Mail: People & Culture Team, PO Box 451, Belgrave, 3160