Dogs' day out at Puffing Billy Railway
They greet you every morning and wait for hours to see you again at the end of the day, but now your faithful canine companion can join in on the weekend fun with the arrival of the Puffing Billy Dog Express.
Passengers and their four-legged family members can travel on a special Lakeside to Gembrook service. The day starts at Emerald Lake Park, with plenty of walking tracks and trails for families and dogs to explore before boarding dog-friendly carriages at Lakeside Station.
Accommodating two dogs per booking, all furry travellers will enjoy a 40-minute journey through the unspoilt Wright State Forest, over three historic timber trestle bridges – including the tallest on the entire line at 60 metres long and 15 metres high – and past Cockatoo and Fielder station as the train climbs towards Gembrook.
Once arriving at Gembrook, passengers and dogs alike have ample time to play in the adjacent J.A.C Russell Park and wander through the Eastern Dandenong Ranges Trail, making it an afternoon not to be missed with your family, friends, and furry pals.
Set on the picturesque grounds of the Emerald Lake Park, overlooking Lake Treganowan is the Lakeside Visitor Centre's family-friendly Railway Café.
Offering a relaxed indoor and outdoor setting surrounded by green rainforest trees and lush ferns, the menu features some of the best seasonal produce and supplies in the Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges region. As a fully licensed venue, our drinks bar is also stocked with a local line-up of beer, wine and cider varieties.
OUR OUTDOOR DINING IS DOG FRIENDLY!
|Family (2A + 2C)||Adult (16+ years)||Concession||Child (4-15 years)||Dog|
Terms & Conditions
- Customers who have booked tickets online can proceed to the Lakeside Station Booking Office to collect their boarding passes upon arrival.
- Dogs must be on their leashes at all times and ensure the dog is wearing a collar with identification details.
- The owner must responsibly dispose of any waste.
- The owner is responsible for travelling with well-behaved dogs which does not have a history of behavioural problems or aggression that may pose a risk to other dogs or humans.
- The owner is responsible for managing their dog around social environments and ensuring their dog is able to cope in close proximity to other dogs and humans for extended periods of time.
- The owner will ensure that the dog is in good physical health and is up to date on all worming, flea treatment and vaccinations.
- The owner is responsible for ensuring the dog is not suffering from any contagious illnesses, such as Canine cough, and has not displayed any symptoms of a contagious illness in the 21 days prior to travelling.
- Dog-specific carriages are available for customers purchasing a dog ticket.
- Customers with no dog ticket purchased can sit on separate carriages, unless requested to sit with family/friends who have a dog travelling with them.
- Dogs are not permitted in indoor areas including station buildings, refreshment and retail outlets.