As a Public Entity, we are dedicated to upholding and maintaining the highest standards of accountability and integrity.
We operate in accordance with various regulatory standards, which are incorporated into the Emerald Tourist Railway Board’s policies and procedures.
Our various policies, disclosures and compliance standards include but are not limited to:
This policy demonstrates Puffing Billy Railway’s (PBR’s) commitment to:
- Creating and maintaining a child safe environment;
- Promoting child safety; and
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of children on PBR premises or with whom PBR has contact.
View the full Child Safety Policy.
The Emerald Tourist Railway Board (ETRB) has developed this Whistleblower Policy (Policy) for the following purposes:
- To encourage and facilitate the making of disclosures regarding:
- “improper conduct” or “detrimental action”, which may be “public interest disclosures” within the meaning of the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2012 (Vic) (PID Act) (see section 5 of this Policy); and
- “misconduct”, an “improper state of affairs”, or “illegal, unethical or otherwise improper conduct”, which may be “reportable matters”, within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Corporations Act) (see section 4 of this Policy),
committed by an employee, volunteer, contractor or officer of ETRB (Qualifying Disclosures).
- To establish a system for Qualifying Disclosures to be investigated, reported (if required) and, if possible, rectified.
- To provide protections against victimisation for individuals who make Qualifying Disclosures (Whistleblowers).
- To ensure confidentiality in relation to the identify of Whistleblowers and, where required, the contents of their disclosures.
- To ensure that Whistleblowers are aware of their rights under the PID Act and the Corporations Act.
- To ensure that the ETRB is compliant with its obligations under the PID Act and the Corporations Act in relation to Qualifying Disclosures.
View our Whistleblower Policy.
This policy outlines the Emerald Tourist Railway Board’s (ETRB) operators of Puffing Billy Railway’s (PBR) position on:
- Responding to offers of gifts, benefits and hospitality; and
- Providing gifts, benefits and hospitality.
This policy is intended to:
- Support individuals and the organisation in the avoidance of conflicts of interest and maintain high levels of integrity and public trust, and
- Support behaviour consistent with the Code of Conduct for Victorian Public Sector Employees, Code of Conduct for Victorian Public Sector Employees of Special Bodies and/or the Code of
Conduct for Directors of Victorian Public Entities.
View our Gifts, Benefits and Hospitality Policy.
|Date||Recipient||Donor||Business Associate||Offer||Value||Reason||Business Benefit||Risk||Ceremonial||Decision||Ownership||Approved by|
|1.||18/2/2021||Board members and Management representatives (17 People in total)||Emerald Tourist Railway Board||NA||Hospitality - Dinner||$2000||Farewell dinner to interim CEO.||- Recognising the Executive contribution to the organisation. |
- Cultural benefits.
|NA||Yes||Accepted||Accepted||Tim North, Chair.|
|2.||17/11/2021||CEO||Fetching Events||Yes||Gift Hamper||$100||Christmas / Post Lockdown||- Recognising the restart of the railway.|
- Will be shared with PBR staff.
|NA||NA||Accepted||Accepted||Peter Abbott, CEO.|
|3.||07/01/2022||All current employees (108 employees) of Emerald Tourist Railway Board||Emerald Tourist Railway Board||NA||Christmas Gift Voucher||$5,400||Christmas Gift to Employees||A goodwill gesture and thank-you for the employees for their efforts over the last 12 months.||NA||Yes||Accepted||Accepted||Peter Abbott, CEO.|
The Emerald Tourist Railway Board (the ETRB), the operator of the Puffing Billy Railway, is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals’ Personal Information, Sensitive Information and Health Information that it may collect and hold.
The ETRB is committed to:
- The responsible collection and management of Personal Information;
- Providing individuals with the right to access the Personal Information held about them;
- Providing individuals with the right to make corrections to the Personal Information held about them; and
- Appropriately handling queries and complaints about privacy related issues.