FOUNDATION - YEAR 8
Experience the adventure of Puffing Billy Railway virtually from the comforts of your own school or home!
Puffing Billy Railway is coming to you with a live educator - delivering virtual excursions during National Science week!
Join an Education Officer live from the comfort of your own classroom and connect with nature on an adventure through the magnificent forests of the Dandenong Ranges. Puffing Billy Railway will be celebrating National Science Week with all things glass with this year’s theme of “Glass: more than meets the eye”. Develop an understanding and appreciation of the importance of glass to the railway community.
Foundation - Year 8
Monday 15th August 2022
10.00 am - 11.00 am
11.30 am - 12.30 pm
1.00 pm - 2.00 pm
2.30 pm - 3.30 pm
PLEASE NOTE THAT BOOKINGS FOR THE VIRTUAL EXCURSIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED.
VIRTUAL EXCURSION INSTRUCTIONS
- You will be sent a virtual excursion session link prior to the session.
- We use Zoom Video Conferencing to deliver the virtual excursion.
- The session will open 10minutes before the scheduled start time.
- The session is live and interactive with a Puffing Billy Railway Education Officer.
- We encourage students to have their video on and unmute themselves when appropriate.
- Student “Questions and Answers” will be encouraged in the last 10minutes of the session.
- A minimum of 10 students is required to run each session.
DURING THEIR VIRTUAL VISIT
With the guidance of a Puffing Billy Railway Education Officer students will engage in online content and be immersed amongst wildlife and habitats on their journey through the Dandenong Ranges. Students will learn about the use of glass at the railway and the change in technology over time, exploring the use of tools and equipment from the past and identifying their features and uses in Railway life. Students will investigate challenges to the railway over time and the importance of people and volunteers to the railway.