The information on this page relates to commercial filming and photography, including television, feature films, advertising and television commercials, documentaries and music videos as well as wedding photography, university assignments and projects related to portfolio development.
Puffing Billy Railway has broadcast quality footage and copyright free photos available for media and promotional use. Click here to download.
Puffing Billy Railway owns the land along the rail corridor between Belgrave and Gembrook station. We are a working railway that operates every day of the year, except Christmas Day.
Before conducting any commercial filming and photography activities at Puffing Billy Railway (including on board the train and along the railway track), written permission must be sought from an authorised Puffing Billy representative.
Please note that even if you are only going to be in public spaces (on board the train, on the platforms of the stations etc) you still need to obtain written permission to film at Puffing Billy Railway.
Filming/Photography Permission Process
Kindly contact Puffing Billy Railway no later than 10 business days prior to the date you wish to conduct your filming or photography.
Puffing Billy Railway will respond to your email within five business days of receiving it. Please note that if we need to make complex arrangements for your filming/photographic activity it may take us more than five days to respond to your request and confirm permission.
To seek permission, please complete the Film Crew and Photography Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Film Crew and Photography Request Form
Photo by Michael Greenhill
Rail Safety Briefing and Acknowledgement
Please note that it is a requirement that all photographers and members of film crews view our Rail Safety Video and complete a Rail Safety Acknowledgement Form prior to the day of filming.
It is important to adhere to our Rail Safety Policy because we have a duty of care to ensure that people accessing our rail corridor have been adequately briefed about the dangers and safety protocols of our railway environment.
Knowledge of safe practices will help people protect their own lives; protect the lives of other workers and the public. Knowledge will prevent accidents.
- Watch the video on this page
- Complete the Rail Safety Acknowledgement Form
- Return 1 completed and signed form for each member of the film crew to Puffing Billy by email at least 5 working days prior to the day of filming or photography.
- For safety reasons, drones are not permitted to be used at Puffing Billy Railway (this includes both station precincts and along the track) unless prior written permission has been received by the Marketing Manager.To gain permission, applicants are required to provide Puffing Billy proof of:
- Their CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) certification number
- Provide a copy of their Certificate of Currency re Public Liability Insurance
- Complete the Puffing Billy Railway Rail Safety Brief as outlined above
Marketing Department - email@example.com
Fees may apply for filming and photography.
Download a copy of Puffing Billy Railway’s Film Crew and Photography Request Form
Download a copy of the Rail Safety Acknowledgement Form
Download our Media Kit for further information about Puffing Billy Railway