Have a Toddler'y Terrific Day at Puffing Billy!
Over the past two years, we’ve missed so many chances to get out and about with our loved ones. However, here is your chance to make memories that last on board Puffing Billy.
Travel on a weekday in school terms and save on tickets for the whole family: 20% off all excursion train tickets* – including concession if the grandparents want to tag along! Children under the age of 4 even travel free when sitting on the lap of a guardian - just remember to reserve a seat when booking.
Book your toddler'y terrific day day out online with promo code PS2022.
* Terms & Conditions: 20% off adult, concession, child and family fares when traveling Monday - Friday only. Valid for all excursion train return journeys. Excludes picnic packs, carriage hire, charter trains and special events. Available for travel between 24/3/2022 to 20/12/2022. Not valid for travel on weekends, Victorian Public Holidays and School Holidays. Not available with any other offer or packages. Not available when purchasing Gift Vouchers.
Your littlest family members are sure to be chuffed from the moment they arrive, with the sight of the historic locomotives being prepared for departure, the smell of steam billowing out of the vessel’s chimney and the evocative sound of the train’s whistle.
Before long, Puffing Billy’s friendly conductors will help you jump on board the open side carriages. Get ready to breathe in the fresh mountain air as the train makes its journey over the hills, across the iconic timber trestle bridges, down the valley and into the forest on the original mountain track between Belgrave and Lakeside.
To find out more about the different journey options before booking, visit the Excursion Train Journeys page.
Our Recommendation: Belgrave to Lakeside return
Travel by steam train from Belgrave to an idyllic lunch stop by Emerald Lake. Enjoy comfortable amenities at the new Lakeside Visitor Centre, including baby change facilities and high chairs! Affordable morning tea and lunch options are available to suit both the kids and the kids at heart.
Discover Emerald Lake Park like a local, all without the weekend crowds. There is plenty to inspire the little ones, with playgrounds, a seasonal wading pool and sloped lawns (ideal for rolling and tumbling).
TIME | 1 hour each way (Allow 3.5 hours)
- Journey through Sherbrooke Forest, noted for its native 'Mountain Ash' trees.
- Travel over Puffing Billy's most famous landmark - the iconic Trestle Bridge.
- Visit the Lakeside Visitor Centre.
- Explore Emerald Lake Park with a range of walking tracks