Who we are
Puffing Billy is Australia’s foremost operating steam railway, and one of the largest narrow-gauge heritage steam railways in the world. Its history spans a period of 120 years. Remarkably, for more than half that span, it has operated as a volunteer-based not-for-profit body. Puffing Billy Railway is operated by the Emerald Tourist Railway Board.
The narrow-gauge line between Belgrave and Gembrook in Victoria survives as one of the most intact examples of pioneering railway infrastructure in Australia. Its steeply graded banks, trestle bridges, line-side telegraph, signalling and rolling stock are of an era elsewhere replaced by modern technology. This railway takes its “era of significance”, dating from 1900 to 1930, seriously. This emphasis has held the Organisation in good stead over the years and is the key to understanding the philosophy which drives the Emerald Tourist Railway Board in achieving preservation goals.
Why be a partner
Puffing Billy is proud to offer a collaborative partnership opportunity for tourism businesses in our region.
- By partnering with Puffing Billy Railway, your business will be aligning with a much-loved tourist attraction.
- Together, we will aim to increase the awareness of our region and length of stay.
- Puffing Billy Railway will endorse your business by recommending you as a place for our visitors to EAT, STAY OR DO in conjunction with their visit.
The partnership package is free
The partnership is a collaboration between two aligned tourism businesses, and there is no cost to you.
How to qualify
All Puffing Billy partners are required to have a COVIDSafe plan and will fall into one of the following categories:
How does it work?
Included benefits and commitments:
OPTIONAL BENEFITS AND COMMITMENTS:
Becoming a partner
To start the process of becoming a partner, please complete our Expression of Interest Form below.
If you are a travel agent and want to sell Puffing Billy tickets, please request rates by emailing email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- The partnership agreement is valid for 12 months from the date of signing.
- The content of the partnership program is subject to change.
- All content provided will be reviewed by Puffing Billy Railway prior to publication.
- All partners' businesses must be aligned with Puffing Billy’s family branding and Safeguarding Children and Young People Statement of Commitment.
- A partner is required to place a Puffing Billy Railway listing on their website and supply content for their listing on the Puffing Billy Railway website within 30 days of the contract commencing.
- A partner is required to post about Puffing Billy Railway on their social media channels twice during the twelve-month contractual period. The partner is expected to publish posts based on content received and at the times specified by the railway.
- Puffing Billy Railway reserves the right to accept or refuse any partner Expression of Interest at their discretion.
- After the initial twelve-month period, Puffing Billy Railway will consider an extension if the partner obligations have been met.
- All partners are required to have a COVIDSafe Plan. Evidence of this must be produced at the time of the prospective partner’s Expression of Interest.
- Puffing Billy Railway reserves the right to cancel any partnership if the partner’s business practices during the period of the contract conflicts with the organisation’s family branding or Safeguarding Children and Young People Statement of Commitment.