The 861 Footplate Experience Course makes a unique and memorable gift for a special birthday or Christmas present.
Gift Vouchers – valid for twelve months – can either be sent to you to pass on to the recipient, or we can send them direct to the recipient.
To make enquiries about Gift Vouchers contact us by:
Telephone: (03) 9757-0700 (international +613 9757-0700)
Please note at the time of booking:
- You will need to certify that you are of reasonable health and fitness
- The guest driver is over the age of 18 years
- On days of ‘Total Fire Ban’ in the Central Zone, the 861 Footplate Experience will not run. (Based on past experience ‘Total Fire Bans’ are extremely rare in the month of May, and are rarely called in the months from June to October.)
- Bookings are subject to locomotive availability and restrictions caused by high fire danger days.
The cost of the 861 Drive a Steam Train Experience Course is AUD$1,700 including GST.
Included in the cost are:
- Exclusive use of locomotive 861 and a train of one carriage for the day, under the expert guidance of a Puffing Billy Railway driver, fireman, and guard.
- This course operates on a fully operating railway around regular scheduled Puffing Billy services and events.
- Detailed course notes which will be sent to you in advance.
- Lunch (this can also be provided for your guests for a small additional charge, must be arranged at time of booking).
- A Certificate of Completion
Upon confirmation of your booking availability we will advise payment options which include: Visa, Mastercard, Paypal and Cheque or Direct Deposit (if transferring money from Overseas all fees incurred must be paid by the sender). All payments must be in Australian Dollars (AUD).
The cost of the 861 Drive a Steam Train Experience includes a $100 non-refundable portion. Any further refunds due to cancellation for medical reasons or other emergencies will be at the discretion of the Puffing Billy Railway.