Start Line Information
BYO bag and participants are to attach their luggage tag (available from the perforated edge on the Race Bib).
To ensure your bag will find you at the Finish Line, please place it in the Luggage Van. Runners will need to show their Race Bib to match and receive their bag at the Finish Line.
Organisers will not be held responsible for the contents of runners bags, it is suggested runners pack lightly with essential items. Please turn off your mobile before placing it in your bag.
Runners can warm up in Bayview Road, behind the Assembly Point.
Belgrave-Gembrook Rd is not an open space for warm-ups.
Be early and dressed ready to run, with your Race Bib affixed to the front of your body. Seeding groups will begin at 8:45 am. A seeded start ensures a safer start by having the faster runners at the front. Seeded groups are defined by the colour on race bibs.
RFID (via your Race Bib) is used from the moment runner’s step over the pads at the Start Line.
All runners flow over the start line after the start gun is released at 9:00 am.
Please ensure you start in the correct seeded group to ensure runner safety. Runners in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th groups please refrain from moving to the front of the Start Line and allow access for the 1st seeded group runners.
Watch out for anyone who does fall to avoid further accidents.
Keep to the left-hand side of the road to allow faster runners to pass safely.
No dogs, cyclists, prams, roller or in-line skaters will be permitted to take part in or accompany the run.
Please note the route conditions and noted hazards.
NB: All runners have the same start time - regardless of allocated seeded group or elected Race Train competitor.
Finish Line Information
The final 500m of the race route will be as per 2018, where runners will follow the track and travel across Lake Nobelius before heading towards the Finish Line.
With RFID timing, simply step over the Finish Line wearing your Race Bib to have your time recorded.
Once you cross the Finish Line please continue by walking up the set of stairs to obtain your water, sports drink, luggage and to check the random prize board.
Transport & Parking
We strongly recommend arriving to the Start Line in Belgrave by Metro Trains, as Belgrave Township has limited parking.
More information about transport and parking in Belgrave and Emerald is available here.
Return transport via Puffing Billy or Charter Bus is included in the runner registration fee.
Emerald Lake Park, Emerald - Car Park Passes
There is limited car parking at the Finish Line (Emerald Lake Park), car park passes available to purchase for $7 during online registration. These will be posted with your Race Pack prior to race day.
Pre-Race Note: There is no organised pre-race transport from Emerald Lake Park to Belgrave.
Emerald Lake Park location: Emerald Lake Road, Emerald VIC 3782
If you have purchased Car Park Passes for your family & friends please note:
- Race Start runner drop-off: We encourage runners to arrive in Belgrave no later than 8:00 am. This is crucial to avoid road closures along the Race Route.
- When driving through Emerald, disregard sign directions to GTR Parking and proceed directly to Emerald Lake Park, located down Emerald Lake Road, Emerald.
- Clearly display your Car Park Pass on the vehicle dashboard prior to entering Emerald Lake Park.
- We strongly recommend arrival at Emerald Lake Park no later than 8:30 am to ensure a good spot at the Finish Line. Entry to Emerald Lake Park gates are strictly open until 9:00 am.
Emerald Secondary College Parking.
Emerald Secondary College is offering car parking for $5 per car.
A spectator shuttle bus is available from Emerald Secondary College to Emerald Lake Park from 7:30 am - 9:00 am.
From 10:30 am – 11:45 am the return shuttle will operate from Emerald Lake Park to Emerald Secondary College.
Emerald Secondary College location: 425 Belgrave-Gembrook Rd, Emerald VIC 3782
Your choice of transport back to Belgrave is included in the runner registration fee.
- Puffing Billy: Whilst spectators are required to have pre-purchased a Race Day Puffing Billy Race Train ticket, Runners bibs are the Race Train tickets for competitors. Trains return from Lakeside (Emerald Lake Park) at the following times:
10:30 am | 10:50 am | 11:20 am | 12:40 pm | 3:00 pm
Please note: the last train arrives back to Belgrave at 3:50 pm. Limited spaces are available; carriages fill on a first come first served basis.
- Charter Bus: A fleet of chartered buses will depart Emerald Lake for Belgrave from 11:00 am – 12noon (approx.).