1. I, the participant (I/me) in the Great Train Race (the Event), agree to abide by all race rules, decisions and directions issued by the Puffing Billy Preservation Society (Event Organiser) and/or any Race Official.
2. I consent that I have sufficiently trained for this Event and I am not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will be detrimental to my health if I participate. In the event that I become aware of any medical condition or impairment, or am otherwise sick or injured before the Event, I will withdraw from the Event.
3. I acknowledge that participating in the Event may involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including, but not limited to: over exertion, dehydration, and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
4. I acknowledge that it is a condition of participating in this Event that I do so at my own risk. I accept all risks and release the Event Organiser, its agents, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, promoters, volunteers, and any person or body, directly or indirectly associated with the Event, from all claims, demands, and proceedings arising out of or connected with my participation on this Event and I indemnify them against all liability for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this Event. This release continues forever and binds my heirs, successors, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
5. I grant the Event Organisers and approved contractors and suppliers a royalty-free right for use in perpetuity, to use and allow the use of my name, image, interview, statement and likeness, before during or after the Event, in broadcasts, telecasts, webcasts, media press materials, promotional materials and/or for reporting purposes in any media.
6. I consent to the Event Organisers and approved contractors and suppliers publishing official race results including my name, age category, race bib number and finishing time on the website and other public publications.
7. I understand that I am responsible for all property I bring to the Event and understand that the Event Organiser does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to this property.
8. I agree to comply with all applicable regulations, by-laws and rules of the Australian Sports Drug Agency and Athletics Australia and declare that I have not knowingly used any substance to enhance my performance at the Event.
9. For safety and OH&S reasons, I accept that no animals or wheeled transport (including but not limited to prams, strollers, roller skates, roller blades, hand cycles, bicycles and scooters) are permitted to take part in the Event.
10. I accept that only entries submitted via the official online entry form will be accepted and that the maximum number of participants is final.
11. I accept that on advice from Athletics Victoria and the Australian Medical Association, I must be 13 years of age or older on the day of the Event to participate.
12. I acknowledge that if I select to become a member of a 4-person team, the team manager will have access to my personal information provided at the time of registration (excluding payment details). I acknowledge that if I select to become a team manager, my email address will be disclosed to my team members.
13. I understand that the Event Organisers will use an electronic timing chip device (that shall be attached to the rear of my race bib) to record my Event time and acknowledge that I must wear the Official Race Bib corresponding to my registration in the chest area on my outermost piece of clothing so that my allocated bib number can be viewed at all times throughout the Event.
14. I accept that entry fees and race bibs are non-transferable, and that no other person is permitted to participate in the Event in my place.
15. I accept that refunds will only be issued if:
a) I have a medical condition preventing me from competing; and
b) My request for a refund is made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm Monday April 29, 2019; and
c) My request is accompanied with a medical certificate.
16. I accept that any successful refund request is subject to a $30.00 administration charge and understand that my refund will be credited to the original credit card used during online entry and that it may take a number of days for funds to clear my account.
17. I agree that if my Race Pack has been sent out, I must return the Race Bib to the Event Organiser at my own expense, prior to the processing of a refund; otherwise my refund will not be processed until after the conclusion of the Event.
18. I accept that there is no refund for non-starters and non-finishers, including in the event of disqualification.
19. I agree that if I cannot participate in the Event and I do not qualify for a refund as outlined in item 15 above, I will forfeit my entry fee and withdraw from the event.
20. I acknowledge that I must start in my allocated seeded group and understand that starting in the incorrect seeded group will result in disqualification.
21. I accept that there are 5 designated course timing points along the route that runners need to reach in order to continue in the Event. They are:
a) 2.8km mark - corner of Selby Aura Rd and Belgrave Gembrook Rd, Selby by 9:30am (30 minutes after the race start);
b) 6.5km mark - corner of Selby Aura Rd and School Rd, Menzies Creek by 10.00am (60 minutes after the race start);
c) 10.5km mark - Emerald Rail Crossing on Belgrave Gembrook Rd, Emerald by 10.30am (90 minutes after the race start);
d) 11.5km mark - Crichton Rd, Emerald by 10.45am (105 minutes after the race start); and
e) 13.5km mark - Finish Line at Emerald Lake Park by 11.00am (120 minutes after the race start).
22. I accept and agree that if I am not at the locations listed in item 21 above by the specified time I may be notified by Race Officials and transported by bus to the finish line (those who are within Emerald Lake Park will not be transported by bus).
23. I acknowledge that if I decline to board transport as outlined in item 21 above, I do so at my own risk and that I may be disqualified from the Event.
24. I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable at the discretion of Event Officials (including St John’s Ambulance and Ambulance Victoria) in the event of any injury, accident or illness during my participation in the Event.
25. I acknowledge that I will nominate an emergency contact name and contact number at the time of entry and that the Event Organiser may contact that person and exchange my personal information with them in the case of an emergency, as deemed by the Event Organiser.
26. I acknowledge that is it a condition of boarding Puffing Billy’s Race Train that all ticket holders and train passengers grant the Event Organisers and approved contractors and suppliers a royalty free right for use in perpetuity, to use their image and likeness, before during or after the Event, in broadcasts, telecasts, webcasts, media press materials, promotional materials and/or for reporting purposes in any media.
27. I accept that there is no refund or exchange for Race Train Tickets or Car Park Passes purchased at the time of online entry.
28. I acknowledge that I have referred to the singlet size chart provided on the website and I accept that no refund or exchange of singlets will be issued.
29. I understand that if I enter the Event prior to Tuesday April 2, 2019 my Race Pack will be posted via regular post to my postal address nominated at the time of entering and may take up to 3 weeks for delivery. I agree that if I enter the Event after this cut-off date, I may be required to pick up/collect my Race Pack from the Bib Replacement area located at 6 Bayview Rd, Belgrave (next to the Belgrave CFA building) between 7:30am and 8:45am on the day of the Event (Sunday 5th May, 2019).
30. I acknowledge that I will only be eligible for any prize which may be offered in connection with the Event if I complete the approved race route within the times specified in item 21 above and in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry.
31. I acknowledge that the Event Organiser may change or modify any part of the Event including the date, start time, race route and location at any time without my consent. Details of such changes will be published via the Event website or via announcements on Race Day.
32. I accept that in addition to other items outlined in the terms and conditions of entry, I may be disqualified and/or removed from the Event if, in the opinion of Race Officials:
a) My behaviour is deemed inappropriate, offensive or abusive;
b) Removing me from the Event will prevent damage to any property;
c) Removing me from the Event is necessary on medical or health and safety grounds;
d) Removing me from the Event will prevent any form of unauthorised marketing.
33. I acknowledge that the Event Organiser may cancel the Event at any time and accept that I am not entitled to a credit of any nature for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to cancellation of the Event due to dangerous conditions, bad weather and/or force majeure, or for personal circumstances, hardship or any other reason whatsoever unless listed in item 15 above.
34. I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant who is under the age of 18 years and I have read this document fully and agree and accept these terms & conditions of entry and that all information supplied by me is true and correct.