UPDATE | 05.08.2021.
Following the Victorian Government’s latest COVID-19 restrictions, Puffing Billy Railway will be temporarily closed, effective from 5/08/2021.
If you have booked a journey with us during this time, please get in contact with our customer service team on 03 9757 0700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be kept up to date on when Puffing Billy Railway will re-open, please visit our website.
We urge our visitors to continue to follow DHHS guidelines to keep yourself, your friends and family safe and help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). For the most up to date information, please visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we work together to stay safe.
Puffing Billy Railway welcomes visitors back for train journeys from Belgrave to Menzies Creek and Lakeside stations. It’s time to escape to the country and get into the great outdoors on board our living time machine!
It should come as no surprise to find that things at Puffing Billy look and feel a little different. The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff continues to be our top priority, which is why some safety and operational changes have been made. This gives us the opportunity to welcome you back and gives you new ways to create unforgettable family moments and memories to treasure forever.
We have implemented the following measures to ensure your safety:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all contact surfaces and other high-use areas.
- Reduced passenger numbers across each carriage and carriage allocation.
- Reduced opportunities for contact with the use of contactless payment methods.
- Installed hand sanitiser stations at all ticketing, retail, and food & beverage areas
- Installed Perspex screen guards at all ticketing, retail, and food & beverage areas.
- Staff and volunteers have completed training to ensure they are meeting and exceeding cleaning and operational standards to stay safe and keep visitors safe during your experience.
To further make your experience safer:
- All tickets must be exclusively pre-booked online. Visitors of all ages (including babies) will now need a pre-booked ticket to visit the Railway.
- Visitors can book their own exclusive open-side carriage for groups of up to 15, offering a unique and private outdoor experience with family or friends. Read more about Carriage Hire.
For further information on what we are doing to keep everyone safe during their visit, check out our Puffing Billy Railway COVIDSafe Guidelines. Please follow all the guidelines, and let’s work together to help you have the most memorable experience yet!
To keep yourself, your friends, and your family safe from a potential spread of COVID-19, there are four key actions that we are being asked to continue:
- You must wear a fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth as a passenger on Puffing Billy Railway or in any areas where you cannot maintain a 1.5m distance from others.
Please note: As part of the scenic and sightseeing transport sector, it is mandatory for Puffing Billy Railway passengers to continue wearing fitted face masks when travelling in carriages.
Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from anyone you don’t live with.
Practice good hygiene – wash your hands and cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
Stay at home and get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild.
Please also take some time to read our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Safety and social distancing measures
Planning your trip and booking tickets
Prior to arrival
Retail, food and beverage
LOTS TO TAKE IN?
Don’t worry, we’ll share all of this information with you again in your booking confirmation email. We are also always available to chat via telephone on 03 9757 0700 or by email at email@example.com.
We can’t wait to see you soon!