THE WAIT IS OVER. WE ARE BACK & READY TO WELCOME OUR VISITORS BACK!
We know you have all been waiting patiently for lockdown to end and restrictions to loosen. It’s been a long journey but with the help of every single community member and our phenomenal health care workers across the country, we are thrilled that Puffing Billy is now open after being closed for 250 days!
Puffing Billy Railway welcomes visitors back for one of three services travelling from Belgrave to Lakeside on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays initially before moving to daily operations.
It’s time to escape to the country and get into the great outdoors on board our living time machine!
Services from 28th November - 18th December 2020
We will be open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays with three services operating from Belgrave to Lakeside Station return.
See Fares & Timetables for more information.
Services from 19th December 2020 - 31st January 2021
We will be open DAILY with three services operating from Belgrave to Lakeside station return and one service operating from Menzies Creek return. See Fares & Timetables for more information.
It should come as no surprise to find that things at Puffing Billy will look and feel a little different. The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff continues to be our top priority, which is why some safety and operational changes have been made. This gives us the opportunity to welcome you back and gives you new ways to create unforgettable family moments and memories to treasure forever.
We have implemented the following measures to ensure your safety:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all contact surfaces and other high-use areas.
- Reduced passenger numbers across each carriage and carriage allocation.
- Reduced opportunities for contact with the use of contactless payment methods.
- Installed hand sanitiser stations at all ticketing, retail, and food & beverage areas
- Installed Perspex screen guards at all ticketing, retail, and food & beverage areas.
- Staff and volunteers have completed training to ensure they are meeting and exceeding cleaning and operational standards to stay safe and keep visitors safe during your experience.
To further make your experience safer:
- All tickets must be exclusively pre-booked online. Visitors of all ages (including babies) will now need a pre-booked ticket to visit the Railway.
- Visitors can book their own exclusive open-side carriage for groups of ten, offering a unique and private outdoor experience with family or friends. Read more about Carriage Hire.
For further information on what we are doing to keep everyone safe during their visit, check out our Puffing Billy Railway COVIDSafe Guidelines. Please follow all the guidelines, and let’s work together to help you have the most memorable experience yet!
To keep yourself, your friends, and your family safe from a potential spread of COVID-19, there are four key actions that we are being asked to continue:
- You must wear a fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth when you leave home unless you have a lawful reason for not doing so. Passengers will not be permitted to enter Puffing Billy Railway if they do not have a fitted face mask on.
- Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from anyone you don’t live with.
- Practise good hygiene – wash your hands and cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Stay at home and get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild.
Please also take some time to read our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Safety and social distancing measures
Planning your trip and booking tickets
Prior to arrival
Retail, food and beverage
LOTS TO TAKE IN?
Don’t worry, we’ll share all of this information with you again in your booking confirmation email. We are also always available to chat via telephone on 03 9757 0700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to see you soon!