With the business experiencing a period of growth, Puffing Billy Railway is looking for additional workshop staff. We are seeking applications from suitably qualified Mechanical Maintenance Fitters for multiple roles.
Based predominantly at our Belgrave workshop, day to day tasks would involve the running maintenance and restoration of historic locomotives, carriages and other equipment.
It would be expected that the successful applicant would:
- Hold a Mechanical Trade qualification as a Fitter or a Mechanic.
- Have experience maintaining heavy machinery.
- Have the ability to interpret technical manuals and drawings, accurately work to tolerances and perform precision measurements.
- Have experience in using workshop machine for drilling, cutting and turning would be regarded highly.
- Be keen, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision as part of our workshop team.
- Possess a current Victorian driver license.
In addition, the successful applicant may be required to work at any other nominated locations along the Belgrave-Gembrook railway corridor as required.
The successful applicant would be offered a full-time permanent position following a successful trial period.
Please send your application to email@example.com.