Puffing Billy Railway is one of Victoria’s leading tourist attractions and welcomes visitors from both Australia and overseas. Passenger numbers have been increasing year on year, with families being a key market segment. The Railway is dedicated to the passengers’ experience and to maintaining our popularity as a safe and enjoyable tourist destination.
Puffing Billy Railway is seeking experienced Food & Beverage Service staff for their catered train food and beverage services. You will be part of the tram servicing our dining train passengers and ensuring they have a quality experience. We have multiple Casual roles available to anyone who can work weekdays, weekends and nights as necessary. Full training is available. Experience in a similar role combined with your determination to succeed will ensure your success in the position.
Key responsibilities for this role are (but not limited to):
- Primary duties involve the service of food and beverage to our visitors at functions and on our dining trains as scheduled by the organisation.
- Provide a high standard of food & beverage service to our visitors.
- Make announcements to passengers on board the train re information to assist with their journey.
- Assist in the setting and clearing of tables in the dining carriages and/or at the Packing Shed.
- Experience with three plate carrying preferred.
- Assist in the seating of passengers.
- Assist with function set up and pack down.
- Assist with stocking on board the train and at the Packing Shed.
- Assist with events on the Railway as required.
Key Selection Criteria for this role are:
- An understanding of Puffing Billy’s history and current business is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Tourism and Hospitality industry
- Current motor vehicle driver’s licence (manual).
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate.
- Experience in food preparation, presentation and delivery of food items.
- Current Food Handlers Certificate.
Experience in a similar role combined with your determination to succeed as part of the railway operations will ensure your success in the position.
Previous applicants need not apply.
To view a copy of the position description, please click on the link below:
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org