TRAVELLING ON A WEEKEND OR ON A PUBLIC HOLIDAY?
We strongly recommend that you book online to avoid disappointment. This is particularly important if travelling to Gembrook, because only a limited number of trains travel all the way to this station.
DID YOU KNOW? Most of our visitors commence their journey from Belgrave station, which means that it can get very busy! As a result, it can be a good idea to start your journey at Lakeside station to avoid the crowds. Find out more about travelling Lakeside - Gembrook return.
TIME TABLE FOR 1 OCTOBER 2015 TO 30 APRIL 2016
Select date of travel and refer to the time table below in the same colour as in the date square
Diesel Hauled Locomotives on the Lakeside – Gembrook Section
To ensure the safety of both our passengers and the local environment, Puffing Billy Railway will be running Diesel hauled locomotives between Lakeside and Gembrook stations until further notice. Our trains will however be hauled by one of Puffing Billy’s iconic steam locomotives between Belgrave and Lakeside.
Passengers who have NOT pre-purchased online are encouraged to arrive at least 1 hour prior to your trains departure.
NOTICE FOR PASSENGERS WITH WHEELCHAIR REQUIREMENTS
If you wish to travel to Gembrook and require a wheelchair accessible carriage, please ensure you contact our Customer Service Centre at least 24 hours prior to date of travel.
- Puffing Billy's Lakeside station kiosk accepts Eftpos, VISA and MasterCard (no cash out). Emerald Lake Park's Council operated cafe accepts Eftpos (no cash out, $15 minimum).
- The 12.30pm Excursion Train departure from Belgrave station includes the First Class dining carriages for the patrons travelling on the 'Steam & Cuisine Luncheon Train'. The same applies to the 2.25pm departure from Lakeside station.
- All trains are steam-hauled unless a diesel locomotive is required in exceptional circumstances. For example during the fire season the 11.10 am train to Gembrook (Return) may be hauled by a diesel locomotive.
- On days of Total Fire Ban in the Central District of Victoria, when the FIRE DANGER RATING IS SEVERE OR LESS, steam locomotives will not run at Puffing Billy Railway. Instead, Diesel locomotives will operate a limited timetable. Find out more. For information of Total Fire Bans check the CFA Website or Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology for further information.
- On days of Total Fire Ban in the Central District of Victoria, when the FIRE DANGER RATING IS EXTREME OR CODE RED, Puffing Billy Railway is CLOSED. No staff or volunteers are on the premises.
- Locomotives and events are subject to alteration or cancellation without notice.
- Groups and families - Ensure you are ready to board the train 30 minutes prior to departure time. Puffing Billy is very popular and allowing extra time makes it easier to find seats for you all in the same carriage.
- Only folding or narrow type prams can be accommodated through the narrow carriage doors.
- No toilets are available aboard Puffing Billy's carriages, however toilets can be found at each main station.
- First Class Travel return journeys are on designated trains only.
- There is no train service on Christmas Day.
- Passengers travelling to Belgrave via Suburban Trains or buses are advised to check the Public Transport Victoria website or call 1800 800 007 for updated information regarding travel times and changes to regular services.
- People with disabilities—can be accommodated on most Excursion Trains, including a limited number in wheelchairs. Please phone to check availability.
Easy acess toilets are at Belgrave, Lakeside (Emerald Lake Park) and Gembrook
- Refreshments and souvenirs—are available at most stations
- Railway Tracks—standing and walking on the tracks is not permitted.
- Prams—only folding or narrow type prams can be accommodated through the narrow carriage doors. Find out more about facilities for families with children.
- Smoking—is not permitted on the train or under any roofed areas.
- Assistance Dogs certified by a registered authority—are the only dogs allowed on the train and must be restrained at all times.
- Alcohol—is not permitted on trains (except as provided in dining cars).
- Photographs and videos—for personal use are permitted. Wedding photography and any use, re-use or reproduction for commercial purposes is prohibited without prior written consent.