The members of the Puffing Billy Preservation Society are our strength towards maintaining the railway for future generations to enjoy.
Becoming a member
Download a membership application. Print out and send the form with your payment to the address shown in the form.
- Subscription to the high-quality PBPS quarterly journal 'Narrow Gauge'. View a sample here.
- Unlimited travel for members and up to two guests on Excursion Trains.*
- 25% discount for members and one guest and 15% disount for additional guests on the Steam & Cuisine Train if booked and paid by member.
- 15% discount for members and guests on Dinner Trains, themed dinner specials, Day out with Thomas, chartered trains and all group bookings.*
- 15% discount on gift vouchers when purchased by a member.
- Discounts on purchases from our Refreshment rooms.
- Advance information of Puffing Billy events and news.
- 20% discount for two on presentation of your current membership card at Rippon Lea House, Polly Woodside and Old Melbourne Gaol.
- Knowing that you are contributing toward the preservation and development of a unique part of Australia and its history.
- Discounted membership of Victorian Railways Institute (on application).
The Journey To Becoming A Member
- Submit your membership application to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the hard copy application to PBPS Membership PO BOX 451 Belgrave, Victoria 3160.
- You should receive an email acknowledgement within a week of submitting your membership application.
- Your application will be submitted to our Executive Committee for approval.
- Once your application has been approved your payment will be processed by our Finance department.
- Your membership pack is forwarded to your residential address (the pack includes, card, welcome letter, example Narrow Gauge, explanation of benefits and other exciting stuff)
- Once you have received your card you can start to enjoy the benefits of being a member of the Puffing Billy Preservation Society.
2017/2018 Membership Fees
Membership is for the financial year July 2017 to June 2018. Membership rates in Australian Dollars are as follows:
Full Adult $78.00
Senior Life Membership $1370.00
Today the P.B.P.S. has some 900 members and is governed by an elected Executive Committee of 12, with half retiring each year.
It publishes a quality magazine, Narrow Gauge, each quarter, organises events including The Great Train Race and Santa Special, and contributes annually towards capital projects on the Railway, most significantly the restoration of historic locomotives and rolling stock.
Membership of the society carries no obligation to participate in voluntary activities on the railway, however active volunteer participation is encouraged.