If you're not running in Puffing Billy’s 36th annual Great Train Race on Sunday 30th April 2017, there is still an opportunity to be part of this great day by being one of the up to 400 volunteers needed on Race Day to make this event happen.
No special skills, experience or training is required, just your enthusiasm and willingness to help!
Volunteering is a great way to support the runners in the race and to have fun as part of the volunteer team, who make Puffing Billy’s Great Train Race possible.
- To be a part of an iconic Victorian running event
- To support the runners in this unique event
- To gain a better understanding of large scale sporting events/competitions
- To help out your local community
Who can volunteer?
- Individuals (over 16)
- Groups, such as sporting teams, athletic clubs, charity groups and local community groups
- Athlete support (registration, luggage coordination, drink station attendants)
- Course & Spectator Marshalling
- Post-event pack down
- Pre-event set up
- Walkers to deliver event information to local residents
How do I get involved?
Follow this link to our volunteer website and register your interest!
"The Venturers and Rovers from Sherbrooke District have helped out with The Great Train Race for a number of years, loading the runner's bags in Belgrave and then going to Lakeside to unload the bags organizing them into groups so that they can help the runners find them easier when they come in puffing and panting after their run.
Last year as there were more volunteers, we only had to unload at Lakeside which made our job easier and shows that the more volunteers for any community activity makes it easier and more fun for everyone.
The members that have helped have always enjoyed this activity and we will hopefully be involved in the years ahead."
- Bruce Gaulke, Venturers & Rovers Sherbrooke District