GREAT TRAIN RACE Start Line Parking & Public Transport
ARRIVING to Belgrave on Public Transport is recommended.
The Belgrave Metro Train Station is a 3minute walk to the Start Line on Belgrave-Gembrook Rd, Belgrave.
We strongly recommend that you travel by Metro Train or Bus to get to the Race Start in Belgrave.
The following train departures are available on the Belgrave Line:
- From Flinders Street Station
- 6:43am (arriving Belgrave at 8.02am)
- 7:36am (arriving Belgrave at 9.02am) *
- From Ringwood Station
- 7:29am (arriving Belgrave at 8.02am)
- 7:59am (arriving Belgrave at 8:32am)
- 8:29am (arriving Belgrave at 9.02am) *
* Ideally, avoid catching the train arriving at Belgrave at 9.02am as this only leaves 28 minutes until the Great Train Race begins at 9:30am.
Information correct as at 20 January 2017 - updated timetable details are available at the PTV website.
Metro Train Station Car Parking - Belgrave Line:
Camberwell - 75 car spaces
Nunawading - 207 car spaces
Mitcham - 790 car spaces
Ringwood - 260 car spaces
Heathmont - 112 car spaces
Bayswater - 353 spaces
Boronia - 394 car spaces
Ferntree Gully - 278 car spaces
Upper Ferntree Gully - 308 car spaces
Please use the PTV Journey Planner below or alternatively visit Public Transport Victoria's website for timetable information from these stations.
Finish Line Parking & Transport Options
Remember: Return transport via Puffing Billy or Charter Bus is included in the runner registration fee
Emerald Lake Park, Emerald
There is limited car parking at the Finish Line (Emerald Lake Park), car park passes can be pre-purchased upon registration. Passes will be posted with your Race Pack prior to race day.
Pre-Race Note: There is no organised pre-race transport from Emerald Lake Park (ELP) to Belgrave.
ELP Location: Emerald Lake Road, Emerald VIC 3782
Emerald Secondary College Parking.
Emerald Secondary College (ESC) is offering car parking for $5.00 per car.
A spectator shuttle bus is available from ESC to Emerald Lake Park from 8:00am - 9:30am.
From 11:00am – 12:15pm the return shuttle will operate from Emerald Lake Park to Emerald Secondary College.
ESC Location: 425 Belgrave-Gembrook Rd, Emerald VIC 3782
- West side of Belgrave-Gembrook Rd from 8:45am to 9.45am (Start Line)
- Trestle Bridge carpark (1.5km)
- Menzies Creek Station (6km)
- Emerald Railyard (drinks stand) – this is the best one as there is ample parking available (10km)
- Emerald Lake Park (ELP) along the final 1km of the route and the finish line (12.5km-13.5km).
ELP car park is open to pass holders only. Additional parking is available next to Emerald Library.
Walking into ELP via Princess Ave is an option for the final 1-2km viewing spots.
**Please note the road closure times when attempting to access these points.