Puffing Billy’s 36th annual Great Train Race will take place on Sunday 30th April 2017.
The race begins in Belgrave, Victoria at 9:30am
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR REGISTERED RUNNERS
Important information available to download:
- Terms & Conditions of Entry
- Information to Runners brochure
- Great Train Race Route Map
- Elevation Graph of the Race Route
- Emerald Lake Park Finish Area Map
or/ follow the links here to further information:
- Registration Questions
- Race Pack Distribution
- Race Bibs
- Seeded Start Groups
- Luggage Van / Clothing drop
- Parking and Transport
- Official Photos
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Great Train Race - Facebook event discussions
What to do if you're unable to run on race day
- If you are unable to participate in the Race, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org before Race Day.
- Please note that Race entries cannot be transferred to another person or to 2018's race.
- Refer to the terms and conditions regarding refund options
How do I update my contact / postal details?
- Please ensure your email and postal address are upto date to receive timely communication from the Race Team
- Contact us on 03 9757 0775 or email@example.com
- or / update your details online
Race Pack Distribution
If you registered before Sunday 9th April at 2pm, your Race Pack will be sent to you at the address provided.
If you registered after 5pm on the 12th April, you maybe be required to collect your Race Pack from the Race Week Office – you will be notified when confirming your last minute registration.
International competitors are required to collect their packs from the Race Day Information Booth, open from 7:30am, Sunday 30th April 2017.
Your Race Pack will include:
- Race information sheet
- Race bib with attached timing chip
- Luggage tag - personalised
- Safety pins
- Pre- purchased Race Train tickets, Finish Line car park pass and/or singlets.
- Please wear on the front of your body.
- The Race Bib will ensure your RFID timing chip records your start and finish of the GTR.
- The Bib number could be the lucky number on the Random Prize board at the Finish Line.
- Your Race Bib is your ticket back to Belgrave on Puffing Billy on race day.
Failure to wear YOUR OWN REGISTERED Race Bib will result in disqualification.
Luggage Van / Clothing Drop Off
To ensure your bag is transported to the Finish Area, you must place it on the luggage van at the top of Bayview Road by 9:15am.
Luggage tags are supplied (attached to your Race Bib) - carefully detach at perforation and fix to your own clothing bag. Participants will need to show their Race Bib to collect their belongings.
Organisers will not be held responsible for participants' clothing or valuables. Please pack lightly and only essential items. Ensure all mobile phones are turned off prior to placing in your luggage bag – this allows cellular reception for emergency services.
Seeded Start Information
Runners will be notified of their seeded group allocation upon receipt of their Race Bib.
Please note: all runners will move over the Start Line, at the sound of the race start following the seeded group in front.
Seeded Groups are identified by the main background colour on the Race Bib.
1st seeded group - Blue
2nd seeded group - Yellow
3rd seeded group - Red
4th seeded group - Green
The positions available in the 1st and 2nd seeded groups are limited, they’re allocated by qualification standard and time of registration. Enter as soon as possible to ensure if you wish to be seeded in the first two groups.
Runners will be notified of their seeded group upon receiving their race packs and email correspondence.
Parking and Transport
Please use the PTV Journey Planner or alternatively visit for timetable information from these stations on the Belgrave Line.
2016 Official race images are available to purchase online, thanks to Supersport Images - official photographer of the Great Train Race.
Phone: (03) 9757 0775
International Phone: +61 3 9757 0775
Discussions are welcome on the Great Train Race Facebook Event Page.