2017 Great Train Race ENTRIES ARE OPEN.
|ADULT – EARLY BIRD||CHILD (13-16yrs) – EARLY BIRD||NEXT PRICE RISE|
Regular Registrations open: 10am Thursday 9th March 2017
- Race Bib with attached timing chip,
- Personalised Results Certificate,
- Transport from Finish Line to Belgrave (Start Line) via Puffing Billy or Charter Bus,
- Free massage at the Finish Line,
- All runners receive a $50 Brooks voucher, redeemable at Active Feet.
TO REGISTER – FOLLOW THESE 5 STEPS
Note: all runners are required to register individually.
1. UPDATE RUNNER DETAILS
- Previous GTR Runners can update contact details at any time, ensuring that information about the Great Train Race reach you directly.
- To ensure your privacy, you can only view and/or update your details by correctly entering your 'Person ID', name, gender and date of birth.
Important: Please ensure your postal address is correct so your Race Pack can arrives on time.
Qualifications standards were introduced prior to the 2016 Great Train Race to ensure:
a) competitors are fit enough to complete the challenging course,
b) are seeded in the correct starting group,
c) ensure closed road times are minimised due to the lack of alternative routes.
This can be uploaded in the following formats:
- Option 1: JPEG – eg:
- photo of a recording device that shows the distance and time of a recent personal run.
- a screenshot of your race result from a recent event.
- Option 2: PDF – eg: race certificate with your name, distance and time recorded
2016 Great Train Competitors
The database will automatically use your 2016, 10km split time and seed you accordingly.
If you wish to change that time, you can do so using the options above.
Qualification standard: The 10km split time must be under 75minutes. This can be based on a flat course or trail run.
Seeded Groups: The positions available in the 1st and 2nd seeded groups are limited, they’re allocated by qualification standard and time of registration. Enter as soon as possible if you wish to be seeded in the first two groups. Runners will be notified of their seeded group upon receiving their race packs and email correspondence.
3. NOMINATE YOUR Race Train COMPETITOR
Based on your personal training schedule and ability, ensure you nominate which Race Train you would like to compete against.
As with all 120 year old Steam Trains, their race day capacity varies, mostly due to the weather and therefore condition of the track. To give runners a guide, below are the Race Trains times for 2016.
2016 Race Train 1 – 56:20
2016 Race Train 2 – 79:08
4. TERMS and CONDITIONS OF RACE ENTRY
5. ENTER HERE
GTR Teams vs Individual Registration
4 individual runners can run and compete as a team against teams and the Race Trains. Team prizes are available for the fastest 4 runners and the lucky random team prize.
Cost: All team members are required to enter as an individual – there is no additional charge to run in a team.
Benefit: Running with a team may help boost your run motivation and improve performance, making your GTR experience a little more fun as you share the changing landscape with friends, family or club members.
Process: To join or create a team, simply select during your individual registration process.
New Teams require a Team Captain (a contact / spokesperson for the group of 4 runners).
If the team name is already in the drop down list, simply select and enter your team password then continue with your individual registration.
Please ensure you personally know other runners in the team selected.
If you forget to join a team and have already entered, contact us for assistance.
Note: Teams without 4 runners registered will not qualify for the Team competition. Admin will edit team members registration back to 'individual status' 14 days before Race Day.
RACE DAY EXTRA’S
Race Train Tickets
Run and race against your family and friends aboard the Race Trains
- Race Train 1, departs Belgrave 9:30am
- Race Train 2, departs Belgrave 9:50am
Purchase your family and friends train ticket upon registration.
- Adults $59.00
- Children $39.00
- Children under 4yrs (not requiring a seat) travel FREE.
Note: Runners bibs are the Race Train tickets for returning competitors.
Trains return from Lakeside Station, Emerald at the following times:
11:00am | 11:20am | 11:50am | 1:10pm | 3:30pm
Note: the last train arrives back to Belgrave at 4:20pm
Note: limited spaces are available; carriages fill on a first come first served basis.
As there is no organised pre-race transport from Emerald Lake Park to Belgrave, Car Park Passes are designed for family and friends of runners only, ensuring they are there to cheer as you cross the finish line.
All runners who successfully enter the 2017 Great Train Race will receive a $50 voucher off any Brooks adult runner, redeemable at any Active Feet store or online at activefeet.com.au.