Infrastructure Projects Co-Ordinator
Puffing Billy Railway is seeking a Infrastructure Projects Co-Ordinator to assist with major future Infrastructure projects within the railway corridor.
This position is responsible for assisting the Manager, Infrastructure Projects in the safe, timely and on-budget delivery of PBR infrastructure project requirements through the application of planning, scheduling and management of contractors, suppliers and volunteers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in internal PBR meetings as required
- Represent the Railway at consultant and contractor meetings as required
- Undertake necessary research into project feasibility and execution as directed /required
- Interaction with stakeholders within and outside Puffing Billy Railway
- Preparation of quotations and ensure effective implementation of works
- Development of project scopes, tendering and project management from tender to completion
- Scheduling of work and allocation of requests to subcontractors and employees
- Daily management of sub-contractors
- Carrying out WH&S audits and reviews on subcontractors and staff
- Ensuring that work is performed within the scope, timeframe, budget and to the standards of the project.
- Ensure relevant operating procedures and work instructions are implemented and followed by contractors / volunteers
- Train new contractors and volunteers in correct and safe work practices and participate where required in resolution of safety issues
- Preparation of reports as required
- Monitoring, maintaining and recording details of infrastructure assets
- Excellent and clearly demonstrated organisational skills.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills and proven capacity to utilise required technology
- Communicate effectively with a range of persons, including the capacity to provide advice and assistance
- Be a champion of company culture and lead by example
- Perform all duties in an appropriate manner that would add value to the Puffing Billy brand and respect for internal and external customers
- Assist management where ever possible to ensure clarity and transparency in all areas of Safety Management.
- Be a champion of change and assist the organisation where ever possible to ensure change is welcomed and managed effectively.
- Adhere to all company values, principles and procedures including:
- WH&S requirements
- Rail Safety Management System requirements
- Puffing Billy’s Heritage Integrity
- Child safe awareness
- Understand and demonstrate support for the company’s commitment to a harassment free workplace;
- Display respect, care and consideration for differing cultural values.
- An understanding and appreciation of Puffing Billy’s history and current business
- Strong understanding of Asset Management principles
- Experience in Facility Management, Maintenance and capital works
- Proven experience in managing field staff and contractors
- Ability to read and understand contracts, plans and work scopes
- Ability to forge and maintain excellent working relationships with staff, volunteers and contractors.
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction when required
- Ability to multi task, manage own time and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Fluency in English language
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to handle issues with sensitivity
- Self-motivated with a high energy approach
- Excellent customer service focus and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal negotiation skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- High level attention to detail
- High level planning and organising skills
- Experience and ability to work within budgets
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Access
- A strong focus on Safety, Environment and Quality
- Trade knowledge in either Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, HVAC would be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Demonstrate motivation and determination to understand the needs of the railway whilst meeting the control requirements
- Ability to manage high volumes of work in a busy environment, meet deadlines whilst coping with demands from internal and external sources and maintain attention to detail and accuracy
- Contribute to and participate in continuous professional and organisational improvement
- Financial literacy & ability to contribute to and work within budget & business plans
- Ability to develop team commitment and cooperation and to coach others in job skills
- Ability to use own initiative and judgment in interpretation of data
- Interaction with stakeholders within and outside Puffing Billy Railway;
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Relevant building trade qualification desirable or minimum of ten years’ experience in building, maintenance or trades provision
- Extensive knowledge of contractor supervision and management
- Experience in using Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience in using safety management systems
- Experience in working with and managing volunteers would be an advantage
- Current motor vehicle driver’s licence
- Current Police Crimcheck
- Current Working with Children Check
- Manger, Infrastructure Projects – Primary Report
- Puffing Billy Preservation Society (PBPS)
- ETRB Senior Management Team
- ETRB Operations Planning Management Team.
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Puffing Billy Railway salaried and voluntary workers.
- External stakeholders including elected officers and senior management in public and private organisations.
- Consultants, contractors, suppliers and service providers
Health & Safety
- Leads by example in ensuring a safe workplace, compliant with all PBR safety policies and procedures
- Ensures all external contractors and consultants have the appropriate current clearances, certificates, inductions and systems to operate on the PBR work sites
- Minimises all safety risks by employing all necessary risk prevention and management systems
Ergonomics / Risks
- Frequent (occurs 1/3-2/3 of time)
- Manual handling task (0 – 15kg)
- Repetitive (occurs 2/3+ of time)
- Entering construction worksites
- Walking on uneven surfaces
- Gripping, holding, clasping with fingers/hands
- Hand/arm movement i.e. stacking, reaching, typing and sorting
- Sitting at workstation / VDU/computer screen glare
- Attendance at night meetings and some variation to normal hours of work (including early or late starts, weekends and public holidays) may be expected within reason.
- As Puffing Billy Railway’s peak time is during the Victorian school holiday period, annual leave during school holidays is not always an option.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
Assessment & Selection Process
- Application based screening against all criteria listed above.
- First and second interview.
- Professional References Required
Please send your application to email@example.com.