With the business experiencing a period of rapid growth, Puffing Billy Railway is looking to add to its Way & Works staff. We are seeking applications for an experienced Environmental Team Leader.
With work spread across the whole rail corridor, sites and infrastructure, the Environmental Team leader will lead our environmental workers and manage the environmental sustainability for the organisation. This role will also play a leading role in managing critical fuel reduction and bush fire prevention programs.
Key responsibilities for this role are (but not limited to):
- Lead and advise the organisation on Environmental strategies to ensure sustainability and bush fire prevention;
- Be responsible for the rehabilitation of the natural environment;
- Identify undesirable plant life, manage weed control to eliminate infestations;
- Plan and assist in revegetation works following management plans and heritage overlays;
- Assist with the PBR Corporate Volunteer program;
- Responsible for the safe operating of plant including saws, loppers and brush cutters;
- Responsible for the safe us of low grade chemicals and poisons;
- and chain saws;
- Have a good knowledge of WH&S;
- Have the ability to follow company policies and procedures and instruction;
- Be keen, reliable and able to work well in a team environment.
Key Selectin Criteria for this role are:
- Must hold a current Drivers licence;
- Cert IV in Environmental Management & Sustainability is required;
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Previous experience in a similar role or with physical labour is desirable.
The successful applicant would be offered a full-time permanent position following a successful trial period.
To view a copy of the position description, please click on the link below.
Please send your application to email@example.com