Puffing Billy Railway is one of Victoria’s leading tourist attractions and welcomes visitors from both Australia and overseas. Passenger numbers have been increasing year on year, with families being a key market segment. The Railway is dedicated to the passengers’ experience and to maintaining our popularity as a safe and enjoyable tourist destination.
In this newly created role based at our Belgrave site, we are seeking an experienced IT Manager to lead the organisation into the next phase of growth by maintaining and expanding the IT systems, network and associated IT infrastructure to support the needs of the Railway.
Key responsibilities for this role are (but not limited to):
- Drive the implementation of new IT initiatives into the organisation, managing training requirements for all employees and volunteers;
- Management of the technical issues and conduct repairs when required to minimise down time;
- Management and support of the Railway’s mobile phone system;
- Liaise with consulting vendors, specialists and services providers as required.
- Chair, lead and provide technical guidance to the IT Working Group in regards to new IT initiatives;
- Participate in meetings and report to Management and the Board as required;
- Be a champion of culture and lead by example.
Key Selection Criteria for this role are:
- Qualified in IT with a minimum 10 years experience in a similar role;
- Extensive knowledge of current IT trends, Cloud based platforms, Linux and Windows operating systems;
- Experience in managing the implementation and integration of new IT systems into an organisation, being part of the Change management and training process;
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication dealing with a range of people including Volunteers, Staff, Management and Board level;
- Possess financial literacy with the ability to read budgets and business plans;
- Ability to work in a team and lead by example;
- Be motivated and have the ability to use own initiative and judgement to lead the organisation through change.
Experience in a similar role combined with your determination to succeed as part of the railway operations will ensure your success in the position.
For a copy of the Position Description please click on the link below.
If this interests you, please send your application to email@example.com.
Applications close 30th June, 2017